[Oishii-subs webpage is at http://oishii-subs.co.cc]
- 1. Oishii? What the heck is this group?
Oishii-subs [OiS] provides everybody a chance to have a taste on fansubbing. You can decide any project you wish, join in any position and leave freely upon project completion. Administrators will provide any assistance if possible.
- 2. Who can join?
Anybody who registered his/her nick in Rizon’s nick server can join.
- 3. Which post can I join?
- Translation Checkers
- Timers & typesetters
- AFX Typesetters and AFX logo makers
- Raw Providers – local TV/DVD, Perfect dark or other P2P software popular in Asia
- Distro – people who have bots for irc / Bit Torrent
- 4. Any test?
Depends on which post you applied for. Translators, Translation Checkers and Editors will have an English aptitude test. (We don’t want to be the Popsubs the second XD)
- 5. How Oishii helps me to make a release?
Administrators of Oishii can help you to: find raws; time, edit and encode a script. However all administrators are in other professional fansub groups so they are not always available to help you. Administrators’ assistance is a privilege, not a right.
- 6. Who are the administrators?
Those with “&” or “~”mark.
- 7. Can I release French?
Up to now we only release English.
- 8. Can I release Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro?
Basically you can release anything which is not in animesuki’s license database. So yes you can.
- 9. Can I leave Oishii at anytime?
Yes. (Though we strongly encourage you leaving upon project completion)
- 10. Can I be the project leader?
If you are a translator, yes. Others, no, but you can choose which project to join.
- 11. Can I be the leader of Oishii?
When you are dreaming, yes.
- 12. What is the responsibility of a project leader?
Get administrators a file that can be released.
- 13. I can prepare everything. I just want someone distributing it.
Sure, under the name of Oishii and the script was written with understandable English.
- 14. I want to know which ass hole translates this *awesome* release.
Ask in Oishii IRC channel.
- 15. Hmm… After playing around I want to be serious.
Join Phantom-subs then.
- 16. Another group invited me to be their staff, so I am leaving now~
It is not like that we can actually stops you.
- 17. Uwaa… The translation quality sucks.
OISHII FANSUBS HAS NO QUALITY CHECK ON THE RELEASES.
- 18. Why Oishii doesn’t release series X anymore?
Ask the project team member (If you can still find them).
- 19. How can I contact Oishii?
irc://irc.rizon.net/oishii. No email, MSN or whatever.